01 Local Market Access
As our client, you have the choice to trade and invest in all of the following instruments on one simple trading platform:
- JSE Listed Equity
- CFD’s on JSE Listed Equity’s
- ALSI index futures
- Agricultural Commodity futures
- Yield X Currency Futures
For Financial Service Providers who wish to make use of our professionally managed portfolios, we offer the following strategic segregated investment products:
- Living Annuity
- Preservation Pension Fund
- Preservation Provident Fund
- Retirement Annuity Fund
Should you have the necessary FSP licenses, you are able to use our stock broking company to manage your clients’ Private Securities Portfolio using the LISPs where we are members.
We offer very competitive and transparent fees. We facilitate the uploading of trades to administrators and are able to White Brand our products and services for your company.
02 International Market Access
We are the introducing broker for Interactive Brokers in South Africa, the global leader in online broking services. Established over 30 years ago, Interactive Brokers is listed on the Nasdaq (IBKR) with a market capitalisation of USD 15 B. As one of the largest electronic brokerage ﬁrms in the world, it facilitates an average of over 650,000 daily trades.
The TWS trading platform supports third party software providers and API trading. Interactive Brokers provides direct market access to:
These include but are not limited to the following:
- USA, UK, EU and Asian Equities
- Options available on equities, commodities, indices and currencies
- USA, UK and EU CFD’s on Equities
- USA, UK, EU and Asian index futures
- Energy, Foreign Currency, Metal and Agricultural Futures
When trading, you are able to fund your account in multiple currencies and trade assets denominated in multiple currencies from a single account. Currencies can be converted at market-determined rates as low as 1/10 of a basic point or a position can be created that is collaterised by a non-native currency.
If you would like your portfolio professionally managed, we oﬀer the following strategic segregated investment product:
Through our relationship with Interactive Brokers, we are able to offer a One Account solution for financial institutions that require access to global markets. This solution can form one of the following structures:
- White branded international stockbroker offering with a retail client base.
- White branded international fund management offering that can be accommodated on a segregated account or fund basis.
As an account holder with Interactive Brokers, your company will have access to:
- A Portfolio Analyst Report
- White brand’ all documents, correspondence and email and setup of management and performance fees on the back end.
- No custodian fees
- Access to ‘IB Hedge Fund Marketplace’
- The ability to integrate your IB data with third-party portfolio management, order management, post-trade allocation and compliance software.
- Real time access to comprehensive research, news and market data. Examples of research and news providers can be found here
- Access to ongoing trading education, which can be adapted to suit your individual learning style and trading knowledge. Visit this page for more information on education.
- Interactive Brokers is an agency broker and is not involved in any proprietary or sales trading. Therefore, it does not trade for its own account
- Interactive Brokers is a regulated broker subject to the SEC and CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission) regulations
- Customer funds are segregated in special bank accounts, which are designated for exclusive benefit of customers. This allows your funds to be returned in the case of broker default. The majority of funds are invested in US Treasury securities. The other portion is invested with large US banks. These deposits are distributed across a number of banks with not one single bank holding more than 5% of total customer funds.
- Customer Security Accounts are protected by Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC).
- Interactive Brokers provides settlement and custodian services for retail and institutional IB Clear clients.
- In 2017, Barrons gave Interactive Brokers an overall rating of 4.5. It also earned 4.5 for ‘Best for Options Traders,’ ‘Best for Frequent Traders,’ and 4.7 for ‘Best Trading Experience and Technology,’ and ‘Best Range of Offerings.’ Interactive Brokers earned a rating of 4.9 in 20171 for ‘Best Portfolio Analysis and Reports.’
- In 2017, the Stockbrokers.com Annual Review rated Interactive Brokers #1 for ‘Commissions and Fees,’ ‘Interactive Trading,’ and ‘Active Trading.’ Interactive Brokers received a five-star rating for ‘Options Trading,’ ‘Order Execution,’ and ‘Active Trading.’ They also earned a Best in Class rating for ‘Offering of Investments’ and ‘Mobile Trading.’
- Interactive Brokers won the 2017 Fund Technology and WSL Institutional Awards in the categories ‘Best Broker Dealer – Futures’ and ‘Best Broker Dealer – Options.’
- Interactive Brokers won the 2017 HFM Week US Hedge Fund Services Awards in the category ‘Best Prime Broker – Technology.’
- In the 2017 CTA Services Awards, Interactive Brokers was the US and European Winner in ‘Best FCM – Technology.’
Interactive Brokers oﬀers 40 years of trading technology that provides competitive pricing, speed, size, diversity of global products and advanced trading tools.
This software includes the following:
- TWS Order management and algorithm functionality
- Bloomberg order routing
- Portfolio Report with added custom benchmark
- Risk Analyzer
- Third party software adaptable
- Sophisticated Risk Management
- The market maker-designed Trader Workstation (TWS) lets traders, investors and institutions execute online trading of stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds on over 120 markets worldwide from a single account.
- Trader Workstation (TWS) supports over 60 order types, from the most basic limit order to advanced trading to the most complex algorithmic trading, to help you execute a wide variety of trading strategies.
- Interactive Brokers IB provides a range of mobile solutions that enables online trading from your IB account. There are compatible with any iOS and Android mobile device.
- IB WebTrader, a HTML-based online trading platform, is the perfect solution if you prefer an uncluttered, easy-to-learn trading interface but still want to use advanced trading features and tools.
- Real-time market-risk management and real-time monitoring provide a comprehensive measure of risk exposure across multiple asset classes around the globe and real-time data that gives you the edge you need to react quickly to the markets.
- IB Risk NavigatorTM, our free real-time market risk management platform, unifies exposure across multiple asset classes around the globe and lets you monitor and adjust your risk profile.
- Trader Workstation supports over 60 Order Types and Algos. These have the potential to help mitigate risk. They also allow for greater privacy, speed up execution, and simplify the trading process through advanced trading functions. For more information click here.
- Our statements and reports include real-time trade confirmations, margin details, transaction cost analysis, sophisticated portfolio analysis, tax optimization and a variety of other supplemental reports.
- Interactive Brokers also became an exchange participant in the groundbreaking Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect program, allowing our Hong Kong and international clients to trade designated securities on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Direct support from South Africa to open accounts, setup of account management, fund transfers at preferential rates and trading support for private individuals and Funds.
03 Physical Gold & Silver
When trading with us, you have three options for buying gold and silver, each with their own benefits:
- Buying Krugerrands in South Africa via the JSE
- Easy access to buying and selling Krugerrands at the ruling price on the JSE
- Safekeeping facility available
- Electronic validation service through Computershare
- Authorised buying of physical gold and Silver on the Singapore Precious Metals Exchange (SGPMX)
- We have been appointed as an authorised, licensed reseller of the Singapore Precious Metals Exchange. This enables both individual clients to buy physical gold and silver at market related prices. Bullion products on offer vary in size from 1 once coins to 1000 once bars. As a client, you have the choice to safeguard your bullion in a secure vault system within the Singapore Freeport area or to have your bullion delivered. SGPMX is rated first in the current 2015 International Gold Storage Review. The bullion on offer is sourced from internationally recognized mints including the Perth Mint, Valcambi Suisse, Royal Canadian Mint and Scottsdale Mint.
- Buying Sprott gold, silver or platinum & palladium backed funds
- The Sprott Physical Gold Trust, Sprott Physical Silver Trust and Sprott Physical Platinum and Palladium Trusts (“the Trusts”) aim to provide a secure, convenient and exchange-traded investment alternative for investors who want to hold physical bullion.
- The Trusts offer a number of compelling advantages over traditional exchange-traded bullion funds including secure storage, bullion assets not held with a bank owned custodian, the ability to redeem units for physical bullion, investments in physical bullion only, fully allocated physical bullion and the potential to trade at a premium to net asset value.
04 Foreign Exchange Transactions
The Group, through its associate company, has been appointed as a foreign exchange intermediary by the South African Reserve Bank. This enables us to assist in the exchange of forex for the following type of transactions at preferential rates:
- Individuals using their travel allowance of R 1m or their offshore investment allowance of R 10m
- Companies involved in the import and export of goods that receives or make payments in foreign currency
- Individuals working abroad and who wants to repatriate their funds.
- Funds use SA Derivatives for off-shore settlement of investments.
We can provide Forward Cover with up to 1 year duration at a margin of 10%
- Provide clear information indicating that we can dramatically undercut the banks in trading costs.
- Travel Card that can be funded directly from low cost trade done by us. It’s like a cash passport, but there are no transaction fees.
05 Offshore Segregated Accounts
We assist South African registered FSP’s that want to expand their business offshore. We can set up a white branded facility to manage offshore segregated portfolios. Interactive Brokers is an approved custodian on the OMI life wrapper. We also provide admin services with regard to opening of accounts and movement of cash.
Stock broking services for local and international markets
- Equity Instruments
- Derivative Instruments
Your unique brand will be on all:
- Client Mandates
- Trade Reports
- Access online statments on your website with your company logo
FSP’s have access to LISP platforms and segregated managed portfolios. If the FSP prefer, their client base can remain anonymous to SAS Capital. Customised white labelled reporting is offered as an additional service.