We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be concerned with disclosing it. Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding and lawfully processing your information.
We wish to make sure you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. Suppose for any reason you think your information is not processed in a correct manner or that your information is being used for a purpose other than was originally intended. In that case, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time. In the event you notice the information we store is outdated, kindly request us to update or correct it. The information Officers and Company contact details can be located at the bottom of this page.
The source of collection of your personal information:
We collect personal information directly / indirectly from the following data subjects:
- Prospective clients who enquire about our services
- Clients belonging to our clients utilising our investing services
Personal information is collected directly/indirectly from you in requested documentation accompanied by the signed mandate. Mandates are completed either electronically or hard copy.
Your information may be collected from your browsing activity on our website by way of cookies. Additional information may be collected from external 3rd Party providers
Law authorising or requiring collecting of personal information:
The SA Stock Brokers group of companies is obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the relevant services to you:
- THE FINANCIAL ADVISORY AND INTERMEDIARY SERVICES ACT,37 OF 2002
- FINANCIAL MARKETS ACT 19 OF 2012
The purpose for Processing your Information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the services and products that we provide. We will only process your information for a purpose you would reasonably expect, including
- Complying with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between yourself and the organisation.
- To verify your identity and to conduct credit reference searches.
- To notify you of any new products or developments that may be of interest to you.
- To confirm, verify and update your details.
- To comply with any legal and regulatory requirements.
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, e-mail address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your title, birth date, gender, occupation, qualifications, past employment, residency status, your investments, assets, liabilities, insurance, income, expenditure, family history, medical information and your banking details.
Third parties and your personal information
We may need to share your information with third parties to assist with the processing of personal information, reports, analyses, products or services that you have requested. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
- Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites;
- Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc.;
- Auditors of the Organisation;
- Regulatory or governmental authorities;
- Operators to assist with the processing of information.
The Transfer of your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa
Your information may be hosted on servers managed by a third-party service provider. These service providers may be located outside of South Africa. The thirdparty service providers are located in:
- South Africa, the United States of America, and Europe
We confirm that the level of protection afforded to your personal information utilised by any international organisation is equal to the protection afforded by the POPI Act.
Complaints and objections
As a data subject, you have the right to –
- Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you and to explain why and how it is being processed (please complete the Personal Information Request Form, which can be found on the website);
- Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information (please complete the Objection to the Processing of Personal Information Form “Privacy – Form 1”, which can be found on the website);
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (please complete the POPI Complaint Form which can be found on the website).
The Information Regulator
In the event that your personal information has not been processed in accordance with the POPI Act and the principles set out above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
For further information regarding the complaints process, please visit the website of the Information Regulator, as indicated below.
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
The Information Regulator: Adv Pansy Tlakula
Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
Our Information Officer’s Contact Details
The Organisation: SA Stock Brokers
Physical Address: 8th Floor, Suite 804, Firestation Rosebank, 16 Baker St, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
Telephone: 011 214 7250
Organisation E-mail address: email@example.com
Download the PoPI Form here